Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen USB Audio Interface
· 2 Scarlett mic preamps offering headroom and minimal distortion
· 2 instrument inputs designed for high-level pickups
· Sample rates up to 24-bit/192 kHz
· Headphone output with gain control
· Low latency and direct monitoring
· 2 1/4-inch balanced jacks
· Durable metal construction, portable at 1.3 lb
· Powered by USB
· Includes Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite
· Includes additional plug-ins and loops
· 2x combination jacks (1/4" / XLR)
· 2x 1/4" balanced outputs
· 1x 1/4" stereo headphone outputs
· System Requirements
· Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.11 El Capitan, Windows 7, Windows 8.1,
Focusrite's second-generation Scarlett 2i2 is a portable audio interface designed specifically for use in a portable computer environment. Lightweight at 1.3 lb, the device sports two inputs, two outputs, instrument/line switches, 48V Phantom power, direct monitoring, a discrete headphone output, and the ability to draw power via USB. It's designed to operate handily at resolutions and sample rates of up to 24-bit/192 kHz, and its combination front-panel inputs render it suitable for tracking instruments with much in the way of headroom and little in the way of distortion.
In addition to its two balanced monitor outputs, the Scarlett 2i2 offers a volume-controllable headphone output on the front. Metal gain controls and a red metal chassis provide a durable construction which can be taken on the road. The 2i2 provides a round-trip latency as low as 2.74 ms at 96 kHz, allowing you to record and monitor processed sound sources in real time.
An included Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative pack is enhanced by a suite of Focusrite Scarlett plug-ins, a set of tools that includes compression, EQ, gating, and reverb. The Novation Bass Station software synthesizer can be used to add bass or melody, and a sample pack from Loopmasters contains drum loops and sound effects. Ableton Live is included to boot. Focusrite's Red Plug-In Suite (AAX, Audio Units, and VST) delivers modules based on the classic Focusrite Red 2 EQ and Red 3 Compressor hardware. Also included in this bundle is the Softube Time and Tone Pack for further sonic exploration within your chosen DAW.